Memoirs From My Call Center Experience

Tuesday, May 16

Decide to leave?

Today I've tried to decide whether or not I should leave or not. As I skim through the Sunday wanted ads I've found a company I never thought would pass my mind. It's quite strange but that company, is also a call center but has more options than the present one I'm in and trying to get out! It's a maudane task for me, I can't tell my wife because all she think about my present job and I must endure the beating I get from this. The other hand I tried my dad's friend to help me find a job in his company. Still no avail, he has not answered my sms exept yesterday when he told me and apologize for not being there when I visited his place. I apologize too for not forewarning him before I come. To continue, not a word yet. The other, is my own mom. Which I have a bad feeling if I tell her my predicament, she might tell my wife about it by a subtle way. I don't know, It might complecate things! The other hand is my wife's sister, but she's having problems of her own. Her baby is having a fever because of growing tooth. It's a phase. I tried to talk to my former supervisor about my next career move. Should I make it? How can I do this! I hope she won't take this bad. I mean, yesterday I tried to tolrate the person from recruitment to wait for my temp supervisor, who's on leave. I should address this kind of things to my supervisor. but since I came back from leave, I could not or would not contact her. How can I put things in perspective. I hate to work in recruitment department because, either I take in calls or make calls! In other words, I still end up as an agent!! I dislike to be a regular agent. I want to be working in a company for my skills! Not like a ball being toss around here!! I hate that! If they don't like me, I don't like them too!!
---------------
I've talked to my former supervisor and she said that I should try other admin jobs in recruiting first before going to move on. I told her how I really hated to take calls per se. I'd rather maintain a website than taking calls. I just don't feel the need. My former sups told me what about my baby and my wife, I told my sups, I have not told anybody my moves yet, that's why I talked to you. Besides, they told me that there are no available position for my job. My former sups, agreeed because they are in the Operations and hardly need much or most of the positions are hardly available unless some resigns "or killed, or getting killed!". So I finally spoke to my temp sups, which is awfully sick and did not made it to operations today, probably for the rest of the week! Darn!!
So I'm back here in the desk, thinking of a scheme, what if I go to the other comapany and apply there secretely! I know, It's against company policy if I get caught! I have an internal battle going inside me right now. Whether to go or not. My battle has been won by good! I will not go, but I'll still be not taking in calls. Which I really hate! I'd rather not take! never never never!!!

5 Comments:

  • Callers are crazy! Come join us in hating them. :-)

    www.callcenterslave.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 AM  

  • Thank you! I commend you!!

    By Blogger Callcenter idiot!, at 12:08 PM  

  • Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 AM  

  • Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 AM  

  • I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home