Memoirs From My Call Center Experience

Wednesday, May 24

Company S called

Company S contacted me via sms, and I recieved it Tues morning, but the message was sent 11pm monday evening. Told me to come for an interview. So as soon as I got to work, I left for the interview. It took me to a place well familiar to me. It's just a block further from my old office I used to work before I started working in the call center now.
The office is smaller, the setting at the waiting room, some of the tougue twisters posted on the wall. When I got there I have no idea what that company is about, so looking on the walls reminded me,"oh dear, is this another call center recruitment agency?!? IT IS!!!". There were 5 people in the room and was waiting to call their names. I've passed mine with all details. Right then my feeling was, "Oh my God!! Another dead end sloppy job again! I have no choice but ask the interviewer to find me or I'll move on." and so all of us were called in the room, which is quite peculiar style of interviewing. We were asked one by one, all typical question. The female interviewer noticed mine, and asked me a question, In case I pass the interview, is it okey If I can be assigned as a Technical Support Representative? I was twiching and could not answer very straight, and answered her in a manner that I feel bitter inside, some how she knew. I asked her if there are any offering available other than being in a call center? Like Actual Technical support where I fix REAL computers and won't have to wear a headset? She answered okey I look one for you. She asked me the question again. I finally answer in a bitter manner, "well I'll see it,.... okey.." slightly grin at her. So she interviewed the rest of them. Whew!?! They all forgot to brush their teeth or at least take some breath mint! my hands find its way to my nose! Man! As soon the interview was over, I was asked to be left behind! As soon as the rest of them left the room, She asked me so I came from E company, I got to be honest and told her that I'm still working, but on leave(not). She was surpirsed the I'm working to this company which is one tough company when it comes to standards, I agreed. I told her how I hated to work in this industry anymore that's why I was looking for a REAL job. Man, she admitted to me strightforward that she hated working in call centers too, that why she's now doing recruiting. So the level of apprehention lowered when she told me she's one of those many who hates to work in such dead end jobs! So she finally forwarded my resume to a person name Noel to find me a real job, one that would fit my love of computers, not calling.
Soon after, I transferred to the main office entrance, where a guy started interviewing me. He seem to like my credentials. Asked me If I can do Delphi? I told him I've heard but never programmed on it. Okey how about debugging. I said okey I can't probably debug and test programs in delphi. as long as they have some sort of training. He told me yes, there's training. We finally came to a certain point he will forward my resume to this company to let me try it out. I was very glad to hear that. He only told me that this will take about 2 weeks, so either I sms Noel or go back and find him to verify the status. Again! Waiting game! So I went back to E that afternoon as it starts to rain with a hoping heart. Hoping that this is it! A real job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home