Memoirs From My Call Center Experience

Wednesday, October 25

A year of sadness

It's now my batchmates' and myself first year anniversary. This marks last year's first day I started appying for this job! Yet, I was so naive about what is to come! Full of hope and broader opportunities I felt that awaits me! At the time call center buzzword was unknown to me and never understand until you're in. Unknowingly realizing eventually that this would lead to a job that will turn out NOT what I expect! It's what my family needs. A year ago, I need a job to start up for my family. I had to make lots of sacrafices that includes the other opportunities my line of work could have offered! It was the money that made me come here like a fly in a flytrap. I ended up to be a digestion for this job. Most of my batchmates have AWOL if not gave up a few weeks due to stress never had experience by myself or by them. They never worked in this industry before. At least, most of them are single and free to do whatever they want. The training period made us felt very very welcome, and lasted for almost 3 months, that's why we never felt the tension during those times. We have enjoyed the welcome! The promise this job awaits(the money) and the opportunity it promises came to fruitition, that I had no contests. The company is ok for me. It's only me, I'm not quite cut out to be in this type of work. I enjoyed being with new friends. It was the only time during December that when I started to feel that saddness and stress sets in. I was working in a nightshift, having to wake up in the evening and go home early in the morning, sleeping in the day time when my wife is awake. I felt I was so alone, all the more alone than when I was working in a NORMAL job. I have no choice, me and my wife would argue before about this job. That it's not for me, but she wanted to stay here, just for the money to pay debts that accumulated from looking for a replacement job. I don't blame her for being so strict for our future. She's doing that for our family. It's never easy on my part being the guilty party. I never have a peaceful heart when I'm here working. I'm always in a bad mood, always stressed whenever I come to work. Everyday I had to cope with this feeling. Well, I've rant enough. Happy Anniversary to my job.

3 Comments:

  • Hey, I really dig what you're talking about. We are in the same industry. Maybe we can exchange links?

    Cheers, keep blogging, and yeah, I do have several posts on call center-ing in my blog.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:30 AM  

  • I'd be happy to exchange links. I prolly need the time to do it. Being in this place called hell is a place where time is always restricted to the seconds! If I find that right time, I'll work out some of the old links(dead ones) that don't function anymore. I really hate jobs that make you become a slave of the wall clocks, avaya phones and headsets!! DAMN them to hell!!!

    By Blogger Callcenter idiot!, at 11:08 PM  

  • I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage's posts all the time along with a mug of coffee.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... Michael Kors

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home