Memoirs From My Call Center Experience

Monday, June 5

Monday blues and the usual things et al..

I've missed almost four damn days of posting here so I'm going to do it now. It's Monday again and what? The usual hell I'm still in! I've been here over and over, but no progress. So moving along...

Thrusday sickness


Last week Thurday, I was feeling a bit ill due to the fact of I just want to blow up or my head felt that way, but as the day is winning down, I think that was 4pm, company S called my mobile. They did interviewed me using the same crap thing I do here. After those, I've asked if they have ANY positions besides Call Center Representative! They told me, yes that have junior software engineer. OK, I ask if they also have a position in Web Page developer as well, they told me yes they do. Ok so I agreed for an interview schedule! Gave me the next day at 2pm. So I was so feeling dandy way after that call I left early.

Friday moments


As I prepare for the start of the day, things just zip through my mind. Ok should I tell them that I will not make it today or not? So Just to be in the safe side, I sms the one who's in charge and ask me couple of question what I did the day before. I told them I was ill so they'll just get off my case!! Ok I decided not to show up work and headed straight to company s's place. In a matter of an hours drive, I'm there with a promise in my mind this should be a good one! Okey I parked the car in a place where it cost the usual rate(damn all car park rates!!!) and walk to the building going to company s under a very extreme hot sun. The time was 11am, I think the temp is at 45 degrees Celcius. My unbrella has no use of the heat emannating from the ground. It's been a while since the last time I walk under a hot sun. Okey 19th floor, went to the front desk, signed up and put the name of the contact person I'm supposed to meet. By lunch hour, they told me to take my lunch and come back by 1pm. After lunch, I was back by 12:40pm. I waited for about 45 mins more. They finally called my name! The interview was short. I was expecting maybe a little longer like getting-to-know-you-more thinggy but, I felt that nothing happened and told me that they will consider my resume for the position and(the usual speil crap)if I get through the shortlist then they will decide to call me again. Hmmm, they probably figured I'm still employeed at company E and decided to hold me, but I know it either this week, IF THEY EVER CALL, but I never count on it! So I left there after less than 10 mins of interview. Maybe the people who's interviewing us have a quota like the one they do in phone interviews as well. It's all CRAP!! Well, I still got plenty of time so I decided to contact my aunt and ask me if she could give me the address of one of her acquaitances she told me about looking for a programmer position. Since it was about several blocks away I decided to walk under the 2pm sun!(God I was sooo exhausted over the heat!!) So I left company S and started to look for the address of company R my aunt gave me. I finally arrived at Comapany R, went straight to the boss himself since my aunt knew him. I hardly know him but he claims to know some of the people from my former employer, before I worked in a Call Center shit. Okey he told me I need to sign up a few papers, leave my resume and answer about 4 exams. I was soo tired and exhausted my brain felt like melting like butter in that heat, specially when I did answer the last 2 exams which consisted of old SRA manuscript from wayback 1969. It had flowcharts that made me dizzy and had no chance to concentrate. It may look easy, but I hardly understand the questions, my eyes rolled and decided to guess my answer to save time. I know it was not a decisive move, but leaving you nearly getting a heat stroke is no joke! I finished 6 pm in the evening. As the lady interviews me for the last phase and to make matters worse, It rained soooo damn hard!! The electricity in their office goes on and off peridically!! Anyway, my last interview took a little longer than the first, but soon enough, it was finished. I walked to a nearset fast food and ordered a warm soup and let the rain pass until it was 7pm. I was so tired and exhausted I hardly remembered my interviewer's other questions. The result will determine if I get the job. The only problem is that the income is twice less than my present income, but more than the minimum wage. I felt that my morale has fallen short! The day was, in my perspective, a failure! It was a waste of time!

Monday blues


As I went to work, if I ever had one, I remembered about company S and would attempt to contact them today. I was able to talk to the same guy who interviewed me. He told me to call back this Wednesday again. It looks like that there's no chance I ever leave here and be transferred to a better one. This morning when I accessed my internal Email, I just had an email from a friend who got terminated lately, due to personal reasons. He asked me if there is any chance of ever getting back here at e. I told him that I can't give a definite answer. I felt bad for him as i write my reply. He had a family, yet he can't find a decent job that would suit him or his skills. My point is, I want out-he wants in scenario means that it's getting harder and harder to find a job other than a call center.. due to that fact that it's the only industry that has invested in this forsaken country and other smaller or traditional companies can't provide due to expenses uncontrollable by the government. It's a horrible situation and getting worse as gas per litter goes up by x cents per week, but(i hate to say this) I'm glad I still have this job, despite all what reality bites. It's loose or loose even more situation. When will all this hurting stops. Jeez, I wish the talk about end of the world thing is true and get over with this planet. The game called life is unfair. You have to work very hard on what you believe in, but in this part of the world, that notion is just fantasy, pure speculation or false! I'm glad some people who posts in blogs like, He dump me scenario is just nothing compaired to this! Reality is where we all in and we should be thankful at least that we still breath the air, clean and free. I dred the time when air is sold by the tanks! Enough now! So much for this blog! Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home